In this tiny island

minsan kwela, minsan walang kabuluhan, minsan masaya, minsan malungkot, minsan magulo.... gusto ko lang iparating sa inyo ang nangyayari sa aking mundo.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

sweepstakes

"Congratulations, Maria! You have been entered in the Publisher's Clearing House sweepstakes. You can get to win a Chevy, $50,000, or a trip for two to Hawaii or Rome", that's the first I heard from this Derik Thomas guy who called me this morning. "Plus, you get to have these 4 magazines free of charge. And you know what, you are also entitled to a free diamond watch, etc. etc.

He kept telling me about all these free stuff I got to win. Then he said he'll be forwarding me to his supervisor so she can give me the tracking number. But the supervisor was busy at the moment, so he said she'll call me in 5 to 10 minutes.

Then the phone rang again...

"Hello, Maria. So you've spoken with my associate Derik. You know he just joined us. How did he treat you? And then she started saying something about being charged $3+ pero week, $16+ per month for 60 months then it stops automatically.

I asked, "so you're gonna charge me $16 dollars for the magazines that you said were free?"

Sup: But you are entitled to be entered in the sweepstakes and you could win a lot. Good luck by the way... etc etc.

Then I stated to be skeptical and was thinking I should have put down the phone on the first guy already. She started to ask if I had a major credit card. What bank issued the card.

Then the clincher "could you give me the 16 digits on your credit card, Maria?"

That's when I said "I'm sorry, I don't give out that information over the phone"

Sup: Maam, we are a multibillion dollar company. And we're not about to ruin that just because of $16.
Me: Still, I don't give out my credit card number over the phone. I don't fee comfortable with it.

Then she suddenly says this...
"Okay. We'll just bill you. GOODBYE!"

..... so much for customer service.... so much for the tracking number... so much for free stuff... so much for $50,000... it was just a sales tactic. Ayayay!!! Should have known better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home