In this tiny island

minsan kwela, minsan walang kabuluhan, minsan masaya, minsan malungkot, minsan magulo.... gusto ko lang iparating sa inyo ang nangyayari sa aking mundo.

Thursday, April 07, 2005

GMA Pinoy TV

Guess what, we got GMA 7's answer to ABS-CBN's TFC... GMA Pinoy TV. Yehey, we can get to watch Bubble Gang and Eat Bulaga. And maybe some of the new teleseryes too.

The other night, I was watching I-Witness and their topic was abortion. Couldn't help but shed a tear as the hidden camera showed how three women were led to this house where the "midwife" was waiting for them. And she said "hindi ko kayo pipigilan kasi dapat nandito na kayo, nakapagdesisyon na kayo na ituloy"... "hindi ako ang inyong konsensya"... then after the abortion has taken place the previously pregnant woman asked for the remains of her child, the 'midwife' said, "huwag na. ako na lang magtatapon sa basura".

Some women who committed abortion defended themselves as saying, "sasabihin nyo masama akong babae kasi ginawa ko yon. mas masama akong babae kung buhayin ko ang batang ito pero wala naman akong ipambubuhay sa kanya. kung sarili ko nga hindi ko mabuhay e."

All I could do then was carry my daughter and give her a big hug.

I don't want to judge them. I do not know what road they are taking... all I can do is pray for them, and pray for those babies that were never given the chance at life.

Tomorrow, I celebrate my birthday. I thank God for the years that He has blessed me. Sure am glad my mom never thought of having me aborted. For life is a great blessing, it ain't a smooth ride, but it sure is full of things to be thankful for. It's just sad that these kids never had an opportunity to see all of these.

A baby is a gift, not a choice...

1 Comments:

  • At 5:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hayy naku, ayaw ko din mag judge but they should have been more careful in the first place. mas masama if she brings up the child with nothing? sus, excuses! sana sa start pa lang inisip niya na yan, daming nagbebenta ng condoms dyan! (sorry, i got carried away hahaha!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home