In this tiny island

minsan kwela, minsan walang kabuluhan, minsan masaya, minsan malungkot, minsan magulo.... gusto ko lang iparating sa inyo ang nangyayari sa aking mundo.

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

who says love is only for the young?

just got this great email from my mom. my lolo j, brother of my maternal grandma, whom we thought would be a bachelor for life is getting married at age 65. and guess who the blushing bride is. my mama a, the person who took care of me, my yaya if you will. and we thought she'd be a spinster. i think she's going to turn 50 soon.

it's amazing how their romance developed. they've known each other for a long time already since mama a has been with the family since my sister was a baby. but lolo j lives in the province, while mama a lived with us in manila. when i was in high school, mama a even went to saudi for greener pastures. who would think that their paths would again cross and that cupid would target them with his arrow.

couple of years ago, the house of the lola, the house where my mom and her siblings grew up, was renovated so that lola can come home from the states. she planned to live peacefully back in her old hometown. mama a went back to the province to help lola settle down. lolo j, since he was a bachelor, also went to help lola with the other manly duties in the house. and there they came to know each other more.

it's so amazing really! so mama a, would soon be my lola a. how i wish i could be there to witness their wedding. a 65 year old man, and an almost 50 year old woman, going off on their honeymoon... how sweet, how inspiring, how magical.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home